How to Refinish Commercial Floor Tiles?
Refinishing commercial floor tiles is an important step in ensuring your floors look great for a long time. You can do this by following a few simple steps.
(Is bathtub reglazing toxic? Contact us to know more!)
Cleaning: Vacuum or sweep to remove debris and sand that has built up on the surface of your tile.
Then, mop with a mild detergent and hot water using a rag or chamois mop (sponge mops enable dirty water to stain the grout). This is an easy maintenance routine that will help keep your tile clean and shiny.
- Paint: Apply a coat of oil-based primer to the floor, then use an oil-based semi-gloss or high-gloss paint to cover it. You can paint the entire tile or just the grout line, depending on the appearance you want to achieve.
- Sealing: After you have cleaned and painted your tile floor, be sure to seal it with a high-quality, durable sealant to protect it from stains and scratches. This will keep it looking beautiful and protected for years to come.
- Stripping and Refinishing: When your tile floors need more than just routine cleaning, it may be time to strip them.
The best way to do this is by hiring a professional floor cleaner. The professionals at your local Commercial Flooring Specialist can do a thorough job of removing the old finish and applying a fresh one to your floors.
- Choosing the Right Tile: Before you install any type of floor, it is vital to know what you need it for and how much traffic it will handle. It is also a good idea to consider your budget before selecting tiles for your space.
For example, if you have children or pets in your business, you might want to consider installing kid-friendly tiles with bright and fun colors that can stand up to high levels of wear and tear. Likewise, if you are looking for a hard-wearing and stain-resistant surface that is easy to clean, you might choose ceramic or porcelain tile.
- Changing the Color: Another option for giving your commercial floor a new look is to change the tile’s color. There are many paint options for tile, and you can even buy ready-made spray paint to make this process easier.
- Preventative Measures: Taking preventative measures to keep your floors clean can save you money in the long run. Including mats to catch dirt and dust and daily dust mopping will help you avoid the need for a full cleaning, which will make your floor last longer.
- Painting: If your tile has been worn down in appearance, a fresh coat of paint can help bring it back to life and make it look more appealing.
- Refinishing: There are a number of ways to refinish your floor, from simply replacing the worn-out finish to restoring it to its original look. If you are unsure what route to take, your local Commercial Flooring Specialist can offer advice and guidance.